Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The 2014 Winter Festival

This past Saturday, our little city hosted its annual Winter Festival. This year, 90+ floats were entered into the parade with Dance Fusion being one of them. Kaylee has taken part in the parade for the last two years; dancing down the street with her dance company.
This year the studio rented costumes, and the girls danced to "Let it Snow". It was by far the cutest thing ever! I'm bummed that I wasn't able to get any good quality photos, due to my memory card missing, but my handy dandy iPhone worked decent enough. It had to.
 
These were taken during dress rehearsal prior to the parade. This is Kaylee's BFF - they refer to themselves as "twinsies". I love these silly girls together.
 
Please enjoy the superb quality of the next select few photos that were taken during the parade  - my iPhone sucks at taking pictures when its dark out!
 
All in all the festival was a success as it is every year. We didn't get to enjoy the fun festivities leading up to the parade due to Kaylee attending dress rehearsal at 4:00 that afternoon. Lucky for us the sky didn't fall out until ten minutes following the parade. K and I had juuust enough time to pick Kaylee up from the studio, and jump in the car before getting drenched. Talk about perfect timing... they planned that to a T!
 
Ending the night by capturing a group shot of the performers with the Director of Dance Fusion... and my kid would be the one throwing up deuces front and center. Ha! Her Dad can be thanked for that fine piece of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment