Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween Fun 2015

Our Halloween was spent with family and friends like usual. My Aunt hosts a Halloween party at her house each year, and that's where we spent our Friday night.
{My Mom and I}
Kaylee chooses what she wants to be for Halloween, and I always choose mine to go with her themed costume. We've taken the award home for "Best Costume" 2 years in a row. My sister-in-law and I won best costume for our "Toddlers and Tiaras" and Kyle won most creative being a "One-Nightstand". The next year Kaylee and I won best costume for "Alice and the Mad Hatter".
 
This year we have Asher, so we made it a family affair. We planned for Asher to be Batman, Kaylee chose to be Robin, and I was going to be Cat Woman. Well, the girls version of Robin wasn't sold in any of our local stores, and we didn't have enough time to have it shipped via online purchase... So, she decided to go with a Spider Girl costume instead. I bought cat ears and a tail for myself and threw on a black long shirt with a pair of leggings, and Asher's outfit was a gift from our baby shower that fit just perfect!
Kaylee decided that playing with all of her friends was so much more important than taking any pictures, BUT I was able to get one with her in it. Go figure the only picture I have with her in it would have a glare in Asher's eye! Oh well though the superheroes are together, and it's better than no photo at all.
Asher on the other hand isn't big enough to argue when I ask to take pictures. So, I was able to get a few with him until he decided he was over it. K doesn't close his shop until 7pm, so he arrived about an hour after we did. He wore his zombie mask again this year... 
  I was so worried that Asher would be terrified of the mask, but he actually laughed at it and then reached for the dang thing. He definitely doesn't take after his Momma when it comes to "scary" things! I'm a total wimp that just so happens to be afraid of everything. No lie.
One of his baby friends came dressed as a superhero as well. They were so cute, and kept checking one another out. It was precious. Superman and Batman were so funny. Asher's a little unsure at first, and then he decides he likes him. Ha!
Unfortunately this year we didn't win the award for "Best Costume", and lost that title... Next year it's on though! I'll plan in advance like I usually do because by then I'll have this whole Mom of 2 thing down. Hopefully. Although Kaylee and I didn't bring home the prize, Asher did get the "Hunkiest Costume" award. He was a pretty chunky Batman... I mean hunky.
... and then he decided he was hungry, and figured out the award wasn't giving him what he was looking for! Superheroes have to eat too, ya know. So I nursed him right there in the living room during the party. I'm all for normalizing breastfeeding. Little dude ate, was done partying, and passed out for the night.
We went trick-or-treating around my brother and sister-in-law's subdivision Halloween night. It's a huge neighborhood so we made it down 4 different streets within the subdivision before Kaylee was done. It got dark out faster than expected so I wasn't able to get any pictures with my phone. After we finished trick-or-treating, we walked back to their house to enjoy a big pot of chili and some football. My brother surprised us with frying up some gator tail, scallops, and fish that were off the chain. It doesn't get much better than that!  
 
It was a great weekend with my zombie and little superheroes. I can't wait for Halloween next year when Asher is able to walk around with his big sister!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment