Monday, March 31, 2014

Dauntless Monday

 
Over the weekend, my Sister-In-Law invited K and I to the movies with her and my brother. We decided on a Saturday matinee and they wanted to see Divergent. Honestly, all I knew about this movie was, the previews looked great; enough to know I wanted to watch it. I'm an avid book reader, the series has popped up on my Kindle account a few times, but I never read the description or hit the purchase button. I'm now kicking myself for doing so!
  
  


I almost always read the book(s) before the movie adaptation hits theaters. In this case, I didn't; so I wasn't able to imagine the characters and cast my own decision on who would best be suited for each individual part. The good to this situation: I wasn’t disappointed when the movie cast was released, and I’m now able to visualize the characters when I read the series.
 

Of course, the books are always better than the movies, it's a given. They're so much more detailed. I know the series is going to be incredible because Divergent was phenomenal. It ranks as one of the best movies I’ve saw in quite a while. The futuristic setting was very interesting, it was face paced, and left me on the edge of my seat for a good portion of the showing. Tris was fearless, and I loved the relationship between her and Four. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, all I’m going to say is GO WATCH IT! You won’t be disappointed. I expected this to be just another movie, but it was so much more. More so that I borrowed the series from my Aunt, and will have my head stuck in books for the rest of the week.  
 
Have you read the Divergent series? Have you went to see the movie yet? If so, how closely do you feel the movie follows the book series? Did it do the book justice?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment