Friday, May 9, 2014

Big Girl Room Ideas

  Kaylee is fast approaching the ripe old age of seven. Seven years old! When I look at her, I just stare, amazed, and think to myself, where have the past seven years gone to? As we rode home from dinner with family last night, she laid her head in my lap and fell asleep to my fingers running back and forth through her hair, and I savored every second of that car ride home. She's growing up, getting bigger and older, more independent. I know these moments are fleeting, passing by much too quickly right before my very eyes. I need to grasp them, hold on to each and every moment with everything I have. No matter how much I despise and want to stop it, time cannot be stopped. Such a wicked thing, time is. Though regardless of age, my baby she will always be.

With all of that said, turning seven means we’ve officially hit “big girl” status. Thus, the time has come to make the transition from Toddler Bedroom to a Big Girl Bedroom. Kaylee has informed me that she would like to have a light blue (like the sky – her words) and purple (not dark but light – she says).
Got it. Warm colors. Nothing crazy and drastic. Okay, I can totally work with this.
So, I’ve been searching the web for aqua/baby blue and lavender big girl rooms, and surprisingly I’ve come across quite a few ideas, thanks to Google. I thought I’d share with you all what I’ve found to be very age appropriate and really like so far.
This first room is definitely at the top of my favorites list. You can view all room details over at Centsational Girl Blog.


 

 
 This next one is a bit brighter, but I just fell in love with the wall gallery above the bed. I could pull some great inspiration from this one; add more lavender as opposed to so much pink to go with her request. This room was found courtesy of Ginny Phillips Photography .

 

 
The array of colors in this next big girl room, I love. It has everything combined into one room. More pink than the other colors, but we could absolutely work around that. Check out The Lily Pad Cottage for more photos.
 

 
 
This aqua butterfly room is coming in second place on my list of favorites. Although it doesn't have the lavender, it does however, have butterflies. So maybe, just maybe Kaylee could be swayed with keeping the little tad bits of pink for the butterflies? Anything is possible. I'm just truly loving the indie/boho vibe of this room! 
My Little Love Bird has more photos of this darling little room along with a video of the room install.
 

 


I love different things about each room, and have without a doubt pulled an abundance of inspiration from each. I'm stoked to share these rooms with Kaylee and get her input. After all, it is her room, so she should have some say in it.

I will be sure to post before and after pictures in the future.

Sending a very Happy Mother's Day to all of you fabulous Mom's in blog land. Relax, enjoy it, and savor every moment of the day with your child(ren).

Have a lovely weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment