Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag?

I'm slowly transforming into this makeup fanatic. I never really cared too much about the stuff in the past; I would wear it here and there, but very bare, and only bought my products from Wal-Mart or any drug store. Never really understood how girls could spend so much money on the stuff. I always thought it was just the name they were paying for. It really couldn't be that much different from the drug store brands. Right? Wrong, wrong, wrong!
 
My skin is super oily, and I could never find a good foundation that would last much longer than a few hours before wearing off. Come lunch time, it was always time to reapply. Such a pain, and not to mention how quickly I went through my foundation when using it multiple times a day.
 
My sister-in-law had told me about this foundation she had been using and loved. So, to Sephora I went, just to give this expensive stuff a shot. I sat down at the booth to have my skin tested and matched. What do you know? One of the foundations that I was a match for, just so happened to be the one she had been telling me about. I bought the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H full coverage foundation, and haven't used anything else since buying and using this! I don't have to touch up or reapply throughout the day, it really does last, and that's a miracle for my oily skin.
 
I've researched, went to YouTube, and scoured some of my favorite fashion and makeup blogs to find the most popular products being used. I've found you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to good makeup. I also want to set the record straight by letting you know, the only thing I will pay out of pocket for is the foundation. Sephora and Ulta are my favorite go to stores for makeup. In order to get the makeup I want, I always ask for gift cards to each place for any major holiday along with my birthday. As much as I love this stuff, I still can't justify and make myself pay hundreds of dollars for it. I just can't. I've taught myself how to make each product last me down to the very last drop. It works for me, and this way, I can use my money on others things that I actually need instead of want.
 
 Today, I want to share with you, What's in my Makeup Bag at all times, and the products I use on a daily basis.
 

 
The Too Faced Chocolate Bar is AH-MAZING! I went into Sephora with the intentions of buying the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, and they just so happened to be Sold Out on that particular day. One of the girls helped me out by showing me the Chocolate Bar Palette. Very similar color tones to the Naked 2 Palette. The best part? It's made with actual cocoa extract, so it smells JUST like a chocolate candy bar. How awesome is that? I've played around with it, and have found many different color combos I like. It was without a doubt a great addition to my eye collection. Worth the money spent, AND it's cheaper than the Naked Palettes! Score.
 
If you too have very oily skin, I would highly suggest giving the Lancôme 24H full coverage foundation a try. It has been a lifesaver for my face. It is a bit expensive, but it will last you for months. The full coverage allows for a little to go a very long way.
 
What are some of your favorite products? Do share. I love receiving reviews on things I have yet to try out.
 
Have a fabulous day loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment