Monday, July 21, 2014

Challenge Accepted

I always browse Pinterest for any at-home-workouts. Quick routines that I can throw together and do first thing in the morning, in between weekend plans, or those days that I can't make it to the gym. Having a back-up plan is a must for my hectic schedule. No matter what may arise, I can and will always devote 30 minutes, at some point in the day, to exercising.
 
As I was scanning my Pinterest News Feed, someone had pinned a 30 Day CrossFit Challenge. I immediately clicked on the picture, and was directed to the given website. A 30 day at-home workout with no equipment needed. Reading through the list for each day's exercise, I thought to myself... I want to try this; I think I can push myself to do these exercises; I'm doing it!
 
 
During dinner last night, I brought the challenge up to K. This is something I want us to do together, as a team, to succeed and push one another. He agreed.
 
Challenge accepted.
 
Crossfit.com has a substantial amount of information on CrossFit exercises including videos, nutrition, the WOD, FAQ's, message boards, etc. Reading the nutrition page helped me gain more insight on foods and carbs. Nutrition is the biggest key factor in weight loss, and fueling your body for intense workouts. Your diet should be based on lean meats, garden vegetables (think green), nuts and seeds, no sugar, and low starch.
 
For all of you fitness Mom's out there, I highly suggest you follow Alexa Jean Brown's Blog! She has some awesome workouts for the home and/or gym. Alexa offers exercises you can do with your little one(s); along with posting meal, snacks, and smoothie recipes.
 
I will keep you posted on these next thirty days, and will give an update when K and I complete this one. She has a 30-Day CrossFit Challenge - Round 2 after completion of the first 30-Day Challenge. My goal is to complete both challenges.
 
 
Another great blog I follow for CrossFit inspiration is Simply Sadie Jane. She and her husband transformed their garage into their very own personal CrossFit Gym. You can find all of the details and DIY info for it, here and here. How awesome is that?!? After seeing the before and after's of the garage turned gym, I told K, when we buy a house a garage is a must for this very reason.
 
I've really been wanting to give this whole CrossFit thing a shot. See how intense the classes are, and really challenge myself in this fitness journey of mine. I follow a few pages via Instagram and Facebook in which they post the WOD. As much as I want to do it, I just can't justify paying $150 per month for the membership, while I'm trying to plan our wedding. Maybe next year, post wedding, I can join a CrossFit gym. Until then... I'll CrossFit at home with the little equipment I own, or do what I can with none at all.
 
Do you CrossFit?


No comments:

Post a Comment