Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Confessions

I haven't linked up with Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition in a few weeks. So, today I'm jumping back on this little confessional train with you all, and spilling the beans on my life this week.
I confess that this has been a great week! My eating has been on track, and I've made it to the gym everyday this week. It's given me such energy and I've felt great... minus my calves being so sore that they feel as if they're going to rip every time I walk, and my right arm being equally as sore to the point I couldn't extend it for an entire day. Yep, a real great week.
 
I confess that I've set the date for wedding dress shopping. EEEKK. I'm a huge ball of frazzled nerves; equally excited and terrified. It makes this wedding thing that much more real. This is seriously happening. Finally. Can I reach my goal weight in the next 5 weeks? 10 more pounds to go!
 
I confess that Kaylee decided this morning's car ride was the perfect time for "baby talk". K and I have no idea where it stemmed from. As we were on our way into work she asked us to turn the radio down, and preceded to tell us that she's made up her mind and wants a baby brother or sister. Made up her mind? What? We didn't even realize it was a topic of discussion, and a decision needed to be made. Oh boy. Her reasons being she loves playing and helping out with her 9 month old twin cousins. Therefore, she wants a baby sibling to help out with, and play with when it gets bigger.
 
I confess that this morning's car ride "baby talk" may have tugged at my ovaries. Just a wee little bit. Memories came flooding in of Kaylee when she was a baby. I miss her being so little. I miss the feeling of being pregnant, and those little fluttery movements. 
 
I confess that K came home with a dog last week! We lost our little pup-pup back in May; you can read that story here. Kaylee asked about 2 weeks ago if we could get another dog, that she was ready for a new fur friend. K and I have just been browsing online to see what animals were out there for adoption. We had planned to wait and actually get one when we bought a house. A great opportunity to rescue a little guy presented itself, and next thing I know K is walking in from work with a dog on a leash. Surprise, we have a new pup.
 
I confess that I'm super excited for this weekend's End of Summer - Movies in the Park. A poll was held on our city's Facebook page at the beginning of summer with a list of movies to vote on... The Goonies won with the highest number of votes. An 80's classic. I'm just over here doing a happy dance that Frozen didn't win. So. Over. Frozen. If I have to watch it one more time, I will probably stab myself in the eyes with a fork.
 
I confess that I was stoked to take Kaylee school clothes shopping for the tax free weekend, and buy a bunch of cute things. Key word being was. I have the world's pickiest child when it comes to clothes. She didn't like anything. Shorts were on sale at Kohl's for $6.40! I had her try on 10 pairs... she didn't like not one pair. She asked for leggings to wear everyday. I had to explain that leggings are NOT pants. However, out of the 5 store we went to, she did choose about 6 dresses that she liked. So, we didn't quite leave town empty handed.
 
... and that's all folks. This concludes my Friday edition of Confessional Friday. What are your confessions this week?
 
Whatever you have planned, have a fabulous time this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment