Thursday, December 11, 2014

Being His Peace

As I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed yesterday, I came across this Denzel Washington Tweet via a friend's post.
It really grabbed my attention to where I read it over a handful of time. Since getting married last month, there are so many things that I now notice and never would have stopped to read or look at before. 
 
March 2015 will mark 12 years that K and I have been together. I always pondered how different things would be once we finally said those vows and were indeed officially married. I remember asking friends/couples who dated long periods before marriage, how different married life was, and all gave similar answers... "There's a difference. Little things change, and you look at the relationship entirely differently because you're with this person for the rest of your life." They were right. K and I have both noticed, felt, and voiced feeling a subtle difference since our wedding day. It's without a doubt a good difference.
 
This message really hit me because I've now found myself encouraging him more than I have in the past. Sitting and truly talking about his goals and dreams together; really listening to the aspirations he has. I've gained joy from doing these things, and that's one of those little felt differences since getting married.
 
I want to be his peace.
 
The week following our wedding, I came in to work and had an email from my Nana waiting in my inbox. I opened it and got a little teary eyed while reading it... I'm blaming my raging hormones. This is what she wrote...
It's amazing at how spot on she was and is. This sense of peace has fallen over me since November 8, 2014, and has continued its stay. Married life is amazing, and I can't wait to see how much better it gets. We definitely should have done this soo much sooner... Especially seeing how awesome it can be. I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment