Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Nursery Inspiration & Style

Upon finding out that K and I were expecting, I had an idea of a gender neutral nursery theme. I wanted to go with a Tribal/Aztec style boasting arrows, dream catchers, mountain, tribal and Aztec patterns, along with a rustic woodland feel. Since finding out our little bundle of joy is a boy, I've imagined navy blues, grays, teal, gold's, and some black and white tones.
 
So much time has been spend on Pinterest and Google lately searching for styles to reflect the ideas I have swimming around in my mind. It's been tough finding exactly what I want, but have found designs and different concepts in other nursery's that will play in to my vision for Baby T's nursery.
 
I wanted to share with you some of my favorite finds and inspiration boards thus far...
 
These colors really go great together, I like them, but would want a deeper blue adding in to the mix. I'm still debating on going with a white crib or more of a rustic wood color.
 
Next is one of my absolute favorite finds. This nursery is the closest I've come to exactly what I'm envisioning. The color scheme is spot on, the mobile is so uniquely made, and the patterns just mesh well together. That little teepee... I die. It's a must for our little guy's nursery. I think it will make the perfect reading nook for he and Kaylee.
 
Here is another inspiration board I found and like, but would possibly change out the green with a navy blue... maybe.
 
All of the rustic wood in this next inspiration board has me in awe. The barn doors are to die for; would love those as a piece behind the crib. This one has more of a woodland feel, but the tribal style still plays a role and ties in to it.
 
Love the DIY mobile, and the teepee in this next tribal nursery take. I'm not keen on the colors, it seems a bit dull and more neutral to me.
 
The wooden floating shelves, and curtains are my favorite pieces from this next woodland nursery.
 
The blue dresser pulls this nursery together. The boldness of it is what I'm desiring in a nursery. I've been searching for an old dresser to refinish similar to this for the "changing table". Loving the dream catchers hanging above the crib as well!
 
The patterns in this blanket are the perfect mix of the style I like. Of course, I would add more of a deep blue to offset the colors.
 
Last but not least, another one of my favorites... this nursery comes in 2nd on my top list. The fox blends well with the tribal aspect, and the colors throughout are perfect. I wouldn't be opposed to the a black accent wall either.
 
Each of these nursery's are inspirations for designing our little guys new home. These have their own unique quirks, but all embracing the style and theme I'm going for. I can't wait to begin working on this project, and seeing the end result of what I'm envisioning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment