Friday, March 20, 2015

Maternity Love in Photos

When I was pregnant with Kaylee, I didn't really take many photos of the pregnancy. We didn't have a maternity session because that type of photography just wasn't a "big deal" those some odd 8 and a half years ago. I've always regretted not documenting my pregnancy with her. So, I knew if there was a next time, I would definitely do things differently, and I would document.
 
My chalkboard updates fell off a few weeks ago... I know. This last trimester has pretty much been worse than the first. I've had absolutely NO energy, dreams of sleeping the day away, nausea, back pain, migraines, you name it! Blogging hasn't been much of a priority, but I've at the very least tried posting each week of pregnancy; even if it means a dirty mirrored office bump picture.
 
Anyways, our photographer wasn't available for the time I wanted, and then I got sidetracked and completely ran out of time to schedule a maternity session period. A group of us had planned a family weekend trip to my Dad's farm in Georgia. I didn't want to regret not capturing this pregnancy like I did the first time around, so I asked my sister-in-law to bring her camera and snap a few family/belly shots while on the farm.
 
Here are a few maternity photos she took during that weekend...
This family shot is one of my absolute favorites by far... it seriously melts my heart each and every time I look at it!
Even though she doesn't consider herself a "photographer" and only does it just to do it, my sister-in-law has some talent. She's pretty awesome with a camera. I couldn't be any happier with the way these photos turned out. They will most definitely be treasured memories for the years to come. We can't say thank you enough for documenting this special time in our lives, and capturing these precious family moments before Asher comes! I can't wait to show him when he is older.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment