Friday, April 11, 2014

Embracing a Peaceful, Young, and Free Lifestyle

While on vacation last month, I decided to venture out during our shopping day, and walked into this quaint little hippie store. Bad idea. I fell in love with EVERYTHING! No joke. My Mom has been trying for years to convert me to her hippie ways. I wasn't having any part of that. Looking back now, I'm asking myself... why? It's such an eclectic lifestyle; so peaceful, invigorating, and freeing. Not to mention, the music, it calms and soothes my soul. I've always loved indie and reggae. So, I guess I was always halfway there; on the verge of this style, and didn't even realize it. 

As the guy in the store told me, "There are far worse things out there to be, than being a hippie." Touché my friend. I absolutely agree.

So, to the incense, décor, and clothes racks I went. We spent well over an hour in this store, and I loved every minute of it! It's like my eyes have been opened to this whole new world of wonderful. I left there with a new outfit, new attitude, and an entirely new outlook on life.

I couldn't decide on a top, so I got two, and the shades of blue/pink bottoms. The picture doesn't do the pants justice. They're multiple shades of blue with pink throughout, and THE most comfortable bottoms I've ever worn! Silky smooth as my daughter stated.



You can find these clothing pieces along with the new spring collection, home décor, jewelry, and accessories here.

Unfortunately, we don't have many stores in town that carry a variety of this style of clothing. To the intraweb I went, on the hunt of finding more of those pants, and some cute lacey dresses. Google did not disappoint, y'all. I fatefully stumbled upon two of my new favorite clothing sites. Great for me, very bad for my bank account. K isn't going to be too pleased when he beats me home, and FedEx packages are awaiting my arrival.

Moving along to my favorite finding of the two being URBANOG. They carry the fabulous pants I bought and mentioned above. Pages and pages of cute dress, accessories, shoes, jewelry, you name it. ALL at affordable prices that won't break the bank. So many options and styles to choose from. Yesterday, I found my Engagement party outfit on UrbanOG; spent $50 on a dress and new pair of heels. Most places, you will spend that on one item. I thank the heaves I fell upon this gem of a place.
 
The second of my new go to clothing sites being Freepeople. I have yet to really come across something I don't like on this site. All of the lace and tribal just pulls me in. The downfall to their clothing... it can get a bit pricey. I don't know about you, but my bank roll definitely isn't big enough to spend $550 on a dress. There are a handful of things that I've found and can justify the price, but most things, not so much. This girl isn't raking in the doe like that just yet!





Super cute clothing, right? It's so hard telling myself I can't buy it all. The colors, the prints, the fabric, I adore it all. I'm embracing and marveling in this new lifestyle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment