Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wedding Wednesday!

I'm happy to say that last week's color pallet dilemma has been resolved. You can read all about that "What do I do" moment here. K and I have decided to go with the blush and aqua/mint color scheme for our wedding. What I'm not so happy about now... Pinterest has struck again. Dammit! Stay away, I tell myself; don't do it; just remove the app from your phone. Did I listen? Of course I didn't. Any why is that? Because I do what I want. I'm an addict. I'm weak. End of discussion.
 
This week's dilemma is geared around bridesmaids dress length. Such a simple thing; the length of a dress. Should be an easy decision, one would think. Well, it's not so easy for that indecisive part of me. Not. One. Bit. Why can't there just be an Easy button for everything? Seriously. Sign me up for one of those babies! I know it would help make my life so much easier. I'm sure everyone would be chopping at the bits for one of those little gadgets. Chopping at the bits or is it chomping at the bits...  Regardless, what does that even mean?
 
Anyways, back to the topic at hand, and this new dilemma thing I've got going on; bridesmaid dresses and their lengths. When I got engaged, I vowed to never be one of those ridiculous bridezilla's through this whole planning process. I planned to communicate the color, and give the girl’s free reign to choose a dress that they could and would wear again under $100; I like the idea of them having different styles of dresses in different shades of pink. I’ve never really been partial to those expensive bridesmaids’ dresses in the Bridal Shoppe’s that you can only wear once.
With spring arriving, I’ve been browsing boutiques online for blush/light pink dresses. There are so many cute ones that I’ve come across this week. I guess I always assumed short or tea length dresses would be the case with our wedding being held in March. These are the pictures that hooked me on Pinterest, and has put the idea of long dresses on my mind. I love the idea of a strapless floor length dress with champagne chunky pearls to set it off. It's so elegant.
 

 
 
 
If I were to go the floor length route for bridesmaids dresses, THIS is the dress I'm swooning over. It isn't strapless, but it's fabulous. The back is my favorite part. I die every time I look at it.
 
The negative to a long dress is being limited, and I think I would want the girls wearing the same dress, as opposed to different styles.
 
I really love the idea of letting the girls have free reign like I mentioned earlier; I like the diversity factor of different style dresses and shades of pink, and each girl choosing and being comfortable in their dress. I envision something similar to these with nude heels...
 

 
Although, I'm really diggin' this lace look, but would it be too much if my dress is lace as well?
 
 
So, do I go with the elegance of a floor length dress using only the one style, or should I stick with my original plan of letting the girls choose their own style and colors? I love them both equally which makes this such a tough decision for me. What would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment