Thursday, April 3, 2014

Partying it up... Roller skating style

 Kaylee informs me this week that she wants her birthday party at the skating rink this year. Hmm... okay. We can make that happen. Right? How in the hell am I supposed to make this cute, and really decorate it up like all previous years? I usually give myself 6-8 months when planning her parties. I now only have 3 months to plan this. Ahhh!
 
So, to Google I went; researching everything I could on skating birthday parties. I pulled up a couple of party sites that I've used previously for inspiration on her parties. Of course, one of my favorite party blogs had the inspiration I was needing. How perfect that it will be her seventh birthday as well. Maybe finding this was fate. Bird's Party Blog always has fun party ideas, and printables in their shop.

How amazing is this cake? Loving the colors too!

 
Here's another skating party I had found and really liked. Kara's Party Ideas is where I've pulled inspiration for Kaylee's last two birthday parties. This neon is on point for a skating party; not to mention very popular these days. When I think of skating, black lights and bright colors come to mind. This party has got some great details.
 
 
 
I have to say, the favors were one of my favorite things about this party. How cute are these?
 
 
Thanks to my mad researching skills, I was able to find two great very different skating parties. I'm going to show each to the birthday girl, and let her choose the style she wants to go with. The biggest issue I'm going to face will be trying to decorate the small party room at the skating rink; there isn't much room to bring in a cake/dessert table. This will be the first year having her party at a venue. We'll see how it pans out come July!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment