Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wedding... Thursday?!?

Hi Friends! I couldn't dare miss a Wedding Wednesday! Yesterday was hectic to say the least, I never caught a break.  Therefore, today welcomes Wedding... Thursday? Doesn't have the same ring to it, but hey, it will work out just fine for today.

For today's lovely wedding edition, let's talk ceremony arches, shall we.

K and I have decided to hold the ceremony overlooking the lake in front of the barn, and the reception in the barn. Here is a somewhat picture of the view of the lake.

 
So, I originally wanted my hubby-to-be to build an arch big enough to have a chandelier hang from the middle, above where we would be standing. I've found a few that I like, and one that I really LOVE. This being the loved one...

 
 
 
Gorgeous right? You can't help but to swoon over this one! I think it would be perfect overlooking the lake. My only worry on this piece is transporting it for that two hour drive. Hmm... There's still a possibility we could make this work. Somehow.
 
While touring the grounds of the Peach Barn, the owners revealed the storage shed, used for all of their décor items that's included when renting the facility. I couldn't believe all that was stored in this place; wooden church pews, crates, shepherd's hooks, wooden tree slices, wooden signs, etc. While browsing their selection, in the very back corner sat an enormous wooden cross! We asked if that could be used, and were told yes, that their Father built it for one of their weddings as their ceremony "arch". Score.
 
We could easily use this for our ceremony instead of building one. It's completely opposite of what I was originally envisioning, but this might could work. Of course, I went to Google and begun researching "wedding ceremony cross", and I indeed found a few that I really liked, and are so beautiful with the added touch of the flowers.
 



 
I really like the idea of a ceremony cross overlooking the lake, but I really love the wooden arch with the chandelier. This one is going to be a tough choice. I should totally be thinking logically and going with the cross. It's free, already on the property, and we could make it beautiful. I really love the symbolism of the cross.
 
On the other hand, K and I could build our own, it would be meaningful to us, and I could have what I've envisioned from the beginning. This option would also cost us more money that we could use towards other things, and the time to build it. We can't forget about transporting this two hours away, and bringing it back home with us. Then, what are we supposed to do with it after the wedding? Sell it? Store it?
 
We all know the logical thing to do here. Go with the cross. DUH. I'm just not a logical person, and I can be a bit difficult at times.
 
Decisions, decisions.
 
I'll be sure to keep you all posted on the final outcome of this one.
 
Have a lovely Thursday!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment