Thursday, April 17, 2014

What Are You Thankful For?

Last night, insomnia took over, and I just lay awake in bed staring up at the ceiling, thinking. Since the first time seeing this quote, it’s stuck with me, and has always been the first thing I think of each night before getting into bed.
 
 
So, I make sure to thank Him every night for all that He has blessed my family and I with. I never ask for more than I already have been given, just simply give thanks.
  • I'm thankful for being blessed with another day on this Earth to spend with family and friends.
  • I'm thankful to have a job, love what I do, and the ability to provide for my family; even as much as I hate waking up early every morning, and wishing I could sometimes sleep the day away instead.
  • I'm thankful for my fiancĂ©, my very best friend, and confidant. I feel undeserving of him at times, but he has stuck by me through my flaws and all. I've found myself thanking God, often, since getting engaged, for placing him in my life, and loving me through everything.
  • I'm thankful for our daughter. She can be so sweet, and does the littlest things that just melts my heart. I catch myself staring at her sometimes, thinking, even though we were young, she was made out of love, K and I made her, and she needs us. We live our life for her. Even having the worst of days, seeing her, hugging and kissing her, will make it all disappear. She truly is my happiness.
  • I'm thankful for the friendships I have and had in my life; the old, the new, the lost, and mended ones.  Each one has taught me, shaped me, and helped me in their own ways.
  • I'm thankful for my family. God really blessed me with a good one. There's no other persons that I would love, argue, fight, and laugh with, than my own. They're a crazy rowdy bunch, and I love them more than anything.

What are you thankful for? Have you thanked God today?


No comments:

Post a Comment