Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Sweet Surprise From a New Friend

Tuesday afternoon while K and I were lounging on the couch, I grabbed my phone to sift through and delete the 83 emails received within the last hour. I hate when my email icon displays that little number of “junk” mail. So, you could imagine my delight when I came across this...

 
How exciting and so sweet of Lindsay, over at The Newlywed Notebook, to nominate this little ol' blog of mine for the Sunshine Award! Thank you so very much and I gladly accept it. I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog when I did, and enjoy reading it daily.
 
 
Rules of the Award are as follows:
 
1) Post 11 random facts about yourself
2) Answer 11 questions for the blogger who nominated you
3) Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award
4) Write your own 11 questions for them to answer
5) Notify them that you have nominated them
 
Random Facts About Myself
 
1) I was a cheerleader for 10 years; beginning in elementary and through high school.
2) I've lived in the same small town in Florida my entire life.
3) I live in Florida, and hate the beach.
4) My fiancé proposed after us dating for over ten years.
5) I was a natural blonde until my sophomore year of high school when it slowly began getting darker, and is now a chocolate brown. How does that even happen?
6) I was sixteen the first time I ever traveled outside of Florida.
7) I'm deathly afraid of the dark... and I'm about to be 26 year's old!
8) I debated starting a blog for almost two years before finally taking that leap.
9) Public speaking gives me anxiety. I panic just thinking about it. I can't do it.
10) I've never been on a plane and flown before.
11) I want to live in Chicago some kind of bad even though I've never been to the city.
 
The Questions
 
1) What has been your favorite vacation so far?
 My favorite vacation would have to be our family trip to Tennessee staying in a log cabin on the top of a mountain for a week.
 
2) How many siblings do you have?
 I only have one sibling, a younger brother of 2 years.
 
3) Heels or flats?
 Heels of course. I'm only 5'2, so I take any bit of extra height I can get!
 
4) If you could own one exotic animal (not a typical pet) what would it be?
 I would have to go with a pet Koala. They're so cute, and soft looking.
 
5) What is your favorite blog post you have written?
 A favorite blog post of mine would have to be any of my Wedding Wednesday posts. My life revolves around wedding anything these days :)
 
6) What's your favorite type of music to listen to when you're rocking out in the car?
My all time favorite music anytime, any place is Indie Rock. Although, I must admit, I really love 80's rock as well.
 
7) What's one guilty pleasure?
 Romance novels - Nicholas Sparks. I'm a sucker for a happily ever after ending.
 
8) Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as sort of an online journal. A lifestyle blog. The purpose being to document the life of my family. I want this to be something that we can sit down together and look back on the memories we've had; big or small and the love we've shared along the way. I love sitting down with my Mom and going through old photo albums, and her telling me the stories that go with each. I wanted to create something similar for our daughter to look back on, as well as K and I.
 
9) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
 One food for the rest of my life... I'm going to go with Tijuana Flats fully loaded whole wheat chicken soft tacos. Best. Things. Ever. It's whole wheat loaded with veggies, and protein. I could totally survive off of that!
 
10) Are you an introvert or extrovert at heart?
An introvert at heart. I'm outgoing to an extent, but I'm definitely okay with being alone. I rarely get much alone time since having Kaylee, and that's perfectly fine too. There is a part of me that likes sitting and thinking. I'm definitely a thinker before they speaking type, so to say.
 
11) What's one irrational fear you have?
K ever deciding to leave me for some reason. He's been by my side through so much for eleven year's now. Life without him in it is unimaginable. I hear these stories of couples divorcing or separating after 20+ years together, and wonder, How? Why? I know this will never happen, but then I get to thinking... I'm sure those people said the same thing. It just scares me. I have faith that we will grow old together, I truly believe that, and trust in God with our soon to be marriage. K is my very best friend, my soul mate, we were destined to spend the rest of our lives together. I don't see us ever parting ways, but that doesn't mean that I don't still fear it deep in the back of my mind.
 
I Nominate...

Pillowthought

Thekinchlife

ClassicandBubbly

FamilymeansEVERYTHING

BlondeEpisodes

BogsandBows 

Fabulousbutevil

Marshallsabroad

RusticLiving

TakingNotesCoasttoCoast

SawdustandEmbryos

I enjoy and look forward to reading each of your blogs daily, and have been following along for quite sometime now. I'd love for you to join in and spread this Sunshine Award to some of your favorite bloggers.
 
My Questions for You
 
1) If you could go anywhere in the world, all expenses paid for one week, where would you go?
 
2) Tea or coffee?
 
3) What is your favorite childhood memory?
 
4) What would you do if you won the lottery?
 
5) If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
 
6) Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
 
7) What's the most unusual conversation you've ever had?
 
8) If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
 
9) If you could go back in time, what historical period would you like to live in?
 
10) What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
 
11) What's the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
 
I've had a lot of fun answering these questions, and giving you little tid bits of insight into my life. I hope you all will join in with this little award, and have fun with it just as I have. It's different, and entertaining. Thanks again to Lindsay at TheNewlywedNotebook for sending the Sunshine Award my way. You're awesome!
 
Have a fabulous day, and enjoy your holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment