Thursday, May 29, 2014

Growing Up Sucks Sometimes

I remember when I couldn't wait to get out of high school. Live on my own, make my own rules, and do what I wanted when I wanted. My parents would always say things like "Don't wish your life away", "It's not all that it's cracked up to be", or "You're going to miss school and being young". They were right! Not one single statement was a lie. Just like the Trace Adkins song, You're Gonna Miss This.
 
I do! I miss it; like really miss it. All of it. Especially the first of every month when all of the bills are due. Paying your own car payment, insurance, and cell phone bill now. Also, getting a job and waking up at the crack of dawn every morning for work. Let's not forget to add being a responsible adult to that list. Bill suck. Working sucks. Waking up early sucks. Being responsible and held accountable for all of your actions pretty much suck too.
 
I miss my parents paying for my car, insurance, and cell phone. I miss not having to have a job and just asking my Daddy for money when I needed it. I miss going out with my friends and having not a care in the world; coming home late, and sleeping until noon the next day.
 
Being a grown up sucks.
 
However, I've found that I do appreciate everything paid for by myself much more than it being given to me. I enjoy making and having my own money, not having to ask for it from either of my parents. I've gained more knowledge with being responsible, and it isn't always so bad. The bills, and paying those still suck, and will always suck! Growing up has meant becoming a Mommy, and that, without a doubt, has been the very best part of it! I have to be responsible for my daughter.
 
I do look back on my high school and after graduation days, and I do catch myself missing it. Missing being carefree mostly. There are definitely negatives to growing up, but there are just as many positives too. Today is one of those negatives for me. I didn't want to wake up this morning, I didn't want to come in to work, I didn't want to pay my phone bill... Didn't want to be responsible. BUT I did. Which in return provides you with this random post.
 
You're welcome.
 
It's been a looong 4 day week. I'm over it. 
 
See you all on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment