Wednesday, June 4, 2014

And We're On To The Next

 
Time.

It's fleeting. Gone in the blink of an eye never again to return. It's like a thief in the night. You’re left with only memories, and sometimes those aren’t enough. I wish nothing more than to grasp every waking moment, and never let go. I remember wishing it away as a child; always wanting to be bigger and older. As a child, you're too young to understand just how significant it truly is. I remember my parents telling me to slow down and enjoy it because it passes by faster than you think. No way, time is so slow, it drags on forever, I would tell them. I couldn't have been more wrong. Now that I have my own child, I get it. They were right.
 
Time is literally passing by right before my very eyes. Where has it gone? It feels like I was just expecting, and couldn't wait to hold Kaylee in my arms for the first time...Fast forward to seven years later, and she has just completed her last day of first grade. First grade. How has seven years past K and I by so quickly? Thinking about it has me on the verge of tears. I'm not ready for her to grow up. I miss my baby. I want these last seven years back! She's going to be graduating before we know it. I'd give anything if time would just stand still. Time can be just as bad as it is good.
 
With that said, Kaylee has had a great First Grade year. She received an award for making A/B Honor Roll during both semesters, and is currently reading above grade level. She's still the class clown (thanks to her Dad), and becoming a bookworm (thanks to me). K and I are so very proud of her, and the accomplishments she has made this year alone. First Grade is down and we're now on to the next. We have an upcoming second grader. She's excited for this next school year; us not entirely. It's insane thinking about it; the time that has past us by so rapidly. Every passing minute is being savored, along with every memory being etched into my mind. I haven't put my camera down lately because I don't want to miss a single moment. These are the best years of our lives, and we are cherishing them completely.
 
Here's to the Last Day of First Grade...
 Let the summer family fun begin; staying up late watching movies and eating popcorn, trips to the beach, camping, amusement parks, riding four-wheelers at the farm, and spending time with family. Treasuring every minute spent together, and making memories to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment