Monday, June 30, 2014

Fourth of July Surprise

With K and I being such procrastinators and do pretty much everything last minute, it's no surprise that we just decided on our Fourth of July plans. With Panama City Beach only being an hour and a half drive, we thought it would be fun to go there for the weekend, and Kaylee loves the beach. Well, apparently everyone and their Mother decided to go there for this holiday weekend as well. I called and scoured the web for hotels... nothing. Absolutely no rooms available in any hotel for our chosen dates. Lovely. I guess that's what we get for waiting the weekend prior to set plans.
 
No way do I want to be stuck home for the holiday weekend. So, I got to thinking of other places nearby that would have a good firework show to watch, and Wild Adventures came to mind. Valdosta is a little under an hour and a half drive, not bad at all. We could definitely make that happen... the big question now being, are there any hotels available for that weekend?
 
YES!
 
The only room left available being a King Suite. Score! We'll take it. The main thing is now checked off of our list. We don't have to travel and camp out in the car now. Trust when I say, that I wasn't opposed to doing so. I've got to get out of this town, if only for a weekend.
 
As I was browsing the website for park hours and admission rates; a sweet surprise was listed... the park is hosting a concert for the holiday weekend, free with park admission. Who will be playing in concert, you ask? Oh, just BILLY CURRINGTON! I'm definitely more of an indie junkie, but I do listen to country music on occasion, and I'm fully aware of who Billy Currington is, and even know a handful of his songs. Double score. I do love a good ol' country boy. 
 
 
 
 When you purchase a ticket for the park, you get your second day free. So, we're going to drive over Friday morning purchase our tickets, watch the firework show that night, and then return Saturday for our free day to watch Billy Currington in concert. I think it's going to be quite a fun filled weekend. This just goes to prove that procrastination isn't such a bad thing.
 
The best part? Kaylee has NO IDEA what-so-ever! She's going to be beyond surprised when we pull into the theme park. I can't wait to see that sweet little face of hers light up with joy. I live for that face. K and I have never been to Wild Adventures for the Fourth, so we will get to experience it together as a family for the first time. I'm stoked to see the firework show they're going to put on. I'll promise to take lots of pictures for posting next week!
 
What are your plans for this Fourth of July holiday weekend? Whatever it may be, I hope you have an amazing weekend filled with memories to last you a lifetime, and safe travels for those of you traveling!  


No comments:

Post a Comment