Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wedding Wednesday!

Today has found me browsing wedding cake after wedding cake in search of styles that I like. I've found quite a few that I could see being displayed on the cake table for our wedding.
 
A friend that I went to school with, has started and owns her own bakery. Every year I have her bake Kaylee's birthday cakes, or desserts for any parties that I may host. She's unbelievably talented and loves what she does; it really shows in her finished products. I knew without a doubt, she would be the baker for our wedding cake and dessert table. If you are getting married in the Florida Panhandle area, having a party, or looking for a caterer, give Heather, the owner of A Bite of Delight a ring, and she will hook you up!
 
So, my day has went a little something like this... Browsing page after page on Google Images and wedding blogs, oooh that's a pretty one!, save picture to the "Wedding" folder on my Desktop, pull up email, send to K for his input, get negative response, browse page after page again, find another pretty one, save to Desktop folder, email to K, met with another negative response... Do you see the pattern here? My guy would be the only one out there to care about what the cake looks like. How lovely. "That one is too plain" "You've shown me better ones in the past" "No way, I don't like that one" "Can't you find something better?". Men can be so infuriating delightful.

Something simple yet beautiful is what I'm in search for. I don't want or need anything fancy or unpretentiously over the top. Simplicity is key.

Here are a select few of the cakes I've sent K today...

1) This was the "plain" cake (his words). I love it, but would downsize it to only three tiers as opposed to the five.

2) I really love the ruffle style of this one. Very simple yet so pretty!

3) I think this is one of my favorites. Again, I think three tiers would suffice, but even with the fourth tier, it doesn't look enormous or overwhelming. I would change some of the flowers to go more with our style being used.

 4) My second favorite. A favorite verse of mine, and I may or may not have already designed the flag toppers in Publisher! The only thing I would do different is add one more tier. 

5) I think this cake is very rustic chic. However, I would want all three tiers to reflect the style of the middle layer.

What are your thoughts on these cake choices? Do you have any cake choices of your own that you'd like to share? Click on Contact page, and send them my way. If you've already experienced this, how did you and your fiancĂ© fair through the cake selection process?
 
 If choosing a style of cake has been this much fun, I don't even want to think about the tasting and selecting a flavor portion. Heaven help me.

I'll gladly accept any words of wisdom during the course of my wedding planning journey. Believe you me; it has been a journey up to this point. I can only imagine how the next nine months are going to be. I can't wait!

Have a lovely Wednesday ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment