Friday, January 2, 2015

Welcoming 2015

Happy New Year!!
 
Saying goodbye to 2014 was without a doubt bittersweet because it was one of the best years of my life! I planned my wedding, bought myself my very own first car, got married and obtained a new last name, and found out we would be expanding our little family of 3 by two-feet. It goes without saying that God most definitely blessed the Turner's in 2014! As sad as I was to see it go, I'm so thrilled to welcome 2015 with open arms. I can't wait to hold and meet our little bundle of joy in April.
 
With that said, here's a little recap of our New Year's Eve along with the few photos I managed to take before my iPhone shut down...
 


This New Years was spent with family and a few close friends consuming steaks and alcohol (water and sweet tea for me), a firework show, and watching the ball drop from the living room of my sister-in-law's house.
 
It was great.
 
We had debated on venturing out into downtown Tallahassee for the New Year's event they put on, but none of us were really feeling getting involved with the throngs of people out and about. Staying in sounded so much more appealing this year, and it appeased our little group of four couples.
 
The guys manned the grill as bottles of liquor and wine floated about the house until dinner was served. After dinner, the guys ventured out to find a little firework stand, where they spent $600 on FIREWORKS! That was a definite quick lesson learned... Never let a group of guys buy fireworks without a woman present... even if they were pretty spectacular. Ha! With so many boxes containing fireworks, we spent the entire hour between 11pm and midnight shooting all of them off. Luckily, we made it back inside at the 2:00 minute countdown mark to ring in the new year with a big smooch.
 
How did you ring in the New Year? However it may have been, I hope it was just as lovely and unforgettable.
 
Welcome 2015, and I hope each of you have a very blessed year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment